top of page
A K-5 ROBOT MAGIC SCHOOL ASSEMBLY EXPERIENCE BY:
IT'S MAGIC THROUGH
THE LENS OF THE
Mario the Maker Magician is a world-class performer with extensive experience touring theaters and performing arts spaces around the world. Dedicated to making his show accessible in and out of theaters, Mario also offers an in-school assembly version of his show. He also works with theaters to provide schools opportunities to bring their classes to see his show in the theater setting.
Mario's K-5 school assembly is a S.T.E.A.M.-infused show full of original MAGIC, handmade ROBOTS, and punk rock SLAPSTICK. It's fast-paced, interactive, hilarious, educational, and inspirational. "Do what you love, use what you have, and have fun." These tenets of the show are punctuated with personal tales, exploration of important figures in innovation, art, and science, and a whole lot of robot magic hilarity. Teacher appreciation also plays a vital role in the show.
Mario is also the author of The Maker Magician's Handbook and Robot Magic: A Beginner's Guide to Robotics for the Maker & Magician. He is a frequent collaborator with Make: Magazine and other leaders in the Maker Movement. Ask about our educational discounts available for bulk purchases of Mario's books and intro to robotics kits.
MARIO'S BOOKS FULL OF
D.I.Y. MAGIC PROJECTS:
BRING MARIO TO YOUR SCHOOL:
SHOW INFO + REQUIREMENTS:
Mario's school show is available as an in-school assembly during school hours. It is also available to theaters who offer school series programs.
• show duration: approx. 45-50 minutes
• age range: the show is geared toward grades K-5
• space needs: we require an indoor, temperature-controlled space...
• for gyms or cafeterias: we bring our own sound system. kids should be seated on floor. audience size should be limited to 250-300 students per show
• for large auditorium spaces with stage and theater-style seating: we require working sound + stage lighting systems to be provided by the school and a technician available to operate them during set-up and throughout the show
• scheduling notes: max. 2 shows per date. one hour of set-up time needed without kids present before the first show. at least 45 minutes of re-set time needed in between shows, without kids present. and clean-up and load-out takes approx. 30 minutes.
• fees: please inquire for fee information, as this may vary depending on your location and if we are able to loop you in on an existing tour route. block booking rates also available when coordinating with other schools in your area!
Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions! firstname.lastname@example.org
bottom of page